Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Global Audiences II: Dove's Ads in Hong Kong

Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty is one of my favorite campaigns. By far one of the best I have seen in the last 5 years, for several reasons. It stands out for its honesty, the strong emotional appeal and the universal theme.

Actually the theme is so universal, that even the version made for the Hong Kong market remains basically the same. Here are the two ads and how they adapted the same message and format to the two different demographics:






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, great beautiful ads, from the commercials, to the billboards and magazine pictures.

Whitney said...

I really love your post about the Dove ads. I'm an SMU advertising and communications major. Please take a look at my blog and let me know what you think. thanks,
whitney

http://smucommunicationbloggbywhit.blogspot.com/

Whitney said...

I love your post about the Dove ads. I am a communications and advertising major at SMU and would love if you'd check out my blog at http://smucommunicationbloggbywhit.blogspot.com/

thanks, whitney

Jaskaran said...

nice observation