Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Viral Series

I have been working with viral based communities, online and mobile applications since the 90s and viral marketing is definitely one of the areas that I feel definitely very passionate for.

One of the most frequent questions that I get regards to reaching a critical mass when providing a service or application which is dependable on user adoption.

In plain words, how can you develop a website or a service (like YouTube or FaceBook), spread the word, and get a huge amount of users when offering a service?

It takes a seasoned marketing professional to do the job and I decided to share some ideas in this blog. Since it is a broad subject, I will write a series of posts on viral marketing.

Here are the items that I will be talking about in the next posts:

1- The ideal target audience and the millennium generation
2- The importance of branding in viral marketing
3- The interface (also called GUI and UI). GUI stands for Graphic user interface and UI for User Interface.
4- Personalization
5- Peer and interest groups
6- Must-have features
7- Number of clicks
8- Internet, cell phones and convergence
9- Virtual popularity
10- Unique user X Registered user


Please feel free to contact me and suggest other topics that you would like me to comment on.

And before I forget: If you wish to contact me for consulting purposes or speaking engagements, please feel free to write to
kgoldrajch@gmail.com.

Also, if you wish you share your opinion with me and our readers, you can do so by clicking on the comments link and voicing your thoughts.

No comments: